Saturday, September 15, 2007

In Reply: "Priests, and generals have the potential to commit bad acts, and some do."

Burkean Reflections: Antiwar Protesters Will Mount Civil Disobedience (From the comments,which have no permalinks)

Emoting is for civilian courts.
...and blog readers & writers.
--
September 14, 2007, 6:23:38 PM EDT

***

I don't know enough about courts marshall to know either way... My gut tells me that cases where it's the military against___, there could be bias in favor of the military. When the accused is part of the military too, there could be some degree of the thin green line, again doing whatever most protects the institution... Like I said, I'm not claiming to know, but I don't buy that anyone loses their degree of human failibility by virtue of choosing a noble profession. Politicians, priests, and generals have the potential to commit bad acts and do inappropriate things just like the rest of us, and I've no doubt that some do.

That said, I agree that those empaneled for a court martial are probably less swayed by appeals to emotion than civilian judges or juries.
---
September 15, 2007, 5:49:55 PM EDT

No comments:

Nerd Score (Do nerds score?)