Sunday, April 30, 2006

Been a Long Time...

Boy, it sure has been a long time, eh?

Truth be told, I forgot I had this blog set up... (The computer I had back in 2003 wasn't all that great, and had trouble with certain sites... This was probably one of 'em... Somewhere along the line, I just plumb forgot I ever set up this blog, & that was that.)

But the other day I was listening to a bunch of cover tunes, & got to thinkin' about a local band I used to go see called Rising Sun. (This was the mid 80's I believe.) They put out an independent album (the real 33rpm kind) that contained a damned good cover of "I Saw Her Standing There". Next thing I knew, I was googling around trying to find out what ever happened to them, & particularly to their guitarist, Tony Catania. (I went to high school with him, & thought him quite talented.) Well, that search led to this (note my comment), which subsequently led me here (& note my comment there, too). As long as I was here at blogger anyway, I thought I'd set up my own account, & was shocked to find that my user name was already taken (it isn't common.) A little more investigation, & I (re)discovered my very own blog!! If that ain't groovy, I don't know what is...

So, I plan to go see Tony next Wednesday, & perhaps do a little blogging every now & again, seeing as how I have one all set up and everything... 8>)

1 comment:

elaine x said...

rock on ... glad it came back to you ... will be interesting to see what it is to become ...
peace & harmony,
elaine
'freedom must be exercised to stay in shape!'

Nerd Score (Do nerds score?)