Sunday, May 02, 2010

In reply: Oil Spill: Was it an attack by North Korea?

In reply to: THE SWASH ZONE: Consider the Source
---

My favorite nutty conspiracy theory, as posted in a comment at a reactionary neocon site. (I won't name or link to it, but y'all know where I find most of my favorite wingnut news and views.) ((I wouldn't link to it at The Swash Zone, but I have no qualms about doing so here at my blog.))
"interesting take in the EU times. According to them, there's a kremlin report that says that our usurper in chief gave a blackout order on U.S. press coverage of an attack on the rig down in the gulf. N. korean mini-sub out of cuba.

Could be propaganda by the ruskies, but it would be par for the course for barry."
The commenter in question isn't lying about having read this in the EU Times -- US Orders Blackout Over North Korean Torpedoing Of Gulf Of Mexico Oil Rig | EUTimes.net -- (though I'm given to understand that the story's a bit of satire originally written and posted elsewhere by an American trickster, and "borrowed without attribution" by the EU Times site.)

I guess there are folks who'll believe anything... ...and having spoken to this guy (the AmPow commenter, I mean) before, I'm not the least bit surprised he's buying into this... (Pleasant fellow, aside from being a bit paranoid and xenophobic...)

“We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are.” - Anais Nin
---

Revised and extended from a comment submitted for Zoner approval on/at 5/2/10, 2:51 AM (shared time zone)

No comments:

Nerd Score (Do nerds score?)