Thursday, February 24, 2011

In reply: Reflectionography: One Nation Rally. Washington, DC

In reply to Reflectionography: One Nation Rally. Washington, DC (& "Lancaster Wedding / Event Video" company, when they're not off bashing liberals), and in particular, a woman named Regina who commented: "They have no problem with violence? Have they lost lost their damn minds, why do we tolerate this crap?"
---

"Sometimes violence is necessary, for the larger good, so I have no problem with it." - (One nameless liberal in the video shot and edited by Reflectionography)

I would ask Regina (and the Reflectionography filmmaker, who obviously has little interest having much of anyone on the political left as customers of his videography business) what they believe war is, if not violence deemed to be necessary for the greater good of this country?

While we don't hear the question (or the whole of the woman's answer--both having been edited out), she seems to be saying that she is not a pacifist, and that violence is not inherently bad. If so, I agree. While it should always be used as a last resort, after all other options have been exhausted, I would not hesitate to commit a violent act (or as many violent acts as necessary) to protect my family, my home, or my country from attack.

So yeah... Sometimes violence is necessary. While I didn't support the invasion of Iraq, I think that anyone who did would be a real hypocrite to now say that there is no time when violence is necessary... With all respect due Regina and this filmmaker, I believe they ought to think it through a little more thoroughly before coming down on her or what she said...
---
Posted (& subsequently deleted, which shows Reflectionography's commitment to open dialogue) 2/24/2011, 1:00 AM)

No comments:

Nerd Score (Do nerds score?)