Saturday, November 26, 2011

In Reply: "Pretty Repulsive" Is In The Eye Of The Beholder, I Guess...

In reply to the following comment at the "Zilla of the Resistance" post New Death Threats from Islamic Supremacists and their Islamoblow Enablers Show How Much They CAIR:
Honestly, I find your blog pretty repulsive (no offense intended) since pretty much ALL of it is dedicated to just to attacking another blogger, so I try to avoid going there, but I will look around (I hate that stupid clown picture) and amend the update if necessary. I really wish you guys would find something better to do though, don't you ever get bored of the stupid blogwar?

I am sorry if I am less than cordial, but one of my dear friends HAS had her life threatened, in plain view for all to see (linked up early on in this post), among other horrible stuff that people who claim to be peaceful are doing to shut down those who engage in fact based reporting of various atrocities, and I am at this point more than a little bit cranky.

---

"Honestly, I find your blog pretty repulsive (no offense intended) since pretty much ALL of it is dedicated to just to attacking another blogger"
Fair enough... (though I would say it's more a question of disagreeing with another blogger rather than attacking him... While I do occasionally respond to ad hom with ad hom of my own, most of my posts quote the man verbatim and then respond to the words and ideas in his posts.)
"I really wish you guys would find something better to do though, don't you ever get bored of the stupid blogwar?"
Yes... I've been known to not post anything there for weeks at a time, only to be attacked yet again, unprovoked... Most of my posts (especially of late) have been in reply to posts where I am name checked and attacked. (The record is available for all to see...)
"I am sorry if I am less than cordial,"
No, you've been perfectly cordial... If I have any complaint at all, it's that you didn't check the facts for yourself prior to posting your dishonest update. I mean, I appreciate that you're doing so now, but the responsible thing would've been to do so before posting the allegations in the first place... (At least you didn't repeat the photoshop that Dr Douglas so often posts... Seems we all have our "clown pictures"...)

Those who post threats or bigotry (or if I may, dishonest posts alleging sins and criminal acts with zero evidence, in an effort to ruin someone's reputation) deserve to have attention drawn to them, and providing quotes, links, and screen caps of the posts in question is the only responsible way to go about doing so...

I have no problem with the truth though, and I have a solid record of speaking out against bad behavior wherever I find it, and no matter what sociopolitical "side" it comes from or hurts.
---

Posted Saturday, 11/26/2011, 07:40 PM (and disappointingly, removed from view by the moderator on Sunday, mid-day, so as not to make her friend Donald Douglas "uncomfortable," as the truth so often does. The truth is optional sometimes, especially where friendship and / or a shared political point of view is concerned...)

No comments:

Nerd Score (Do nerds score?)