Sunday, November 06, 2011

A pox on... oh, never mind.

In reply to: Zilla of the Resistance: Moonbat Parents Send Infectious Disease Through The Mail
---

I doubt "pox parties" is what they was called, but this idea about getting all the kids in the neighborhood sick together was fairly common when I was growing up in the early 70's... Like SignPainter's mom, mine wasn't interested--I don't recall my brother and I ever voicing a vote, though I suspect we both agreed with mom (I know I did)--but she did get the invitations from the parents of one or two of our friends, and the "parties" did take place. This mailing thing involving complete strangers is absolutely crazy, though...

As a lib though, I take exception to the "moonbat" twist on the story (assuming that's what Zilla's referring to, anyway...)... I'm not seeing any political affiliation mentioned in the original stories on this (and if I may be so bold as to say, looking at the states mentioned kinda suggests a different demographic, politically-speaking...) I mean, yeah, there are anti-vaccine nuts here on the left, but I know of at least a few parents whose main objection to vaccinating their kids is the crazy--and yet unshakable--belief that aborted fetuses are somehow used to create the vaccines.
As with most topics, there's nuts like this all across the political spectrum...

(Apologies if *I'm* the only one here adding politics to the story, but I've been called moonbat enough to get a feel for how it's most often used in right wing (nut) parlance... ...and enough to've created a blog with a title based on the twin epithets, in fact...)
---

Posted 11/06/2011 04:38 AM (and disappointingly, removed from view by the moderator on Sunday, 11/27/11, mid-day, so as not to make her friend Donald Douglas "uncomfortable," as the truth so often does. The truth is optional sometimes, especially where friendship and / or a shared political point of view is concerned...)

No comments:

Nerd Score (Do nerds score?)