Saturday, January 30, 2010

Roundup and Commentary - 1/29/10

I know, up on top you are seeing great sights,
But down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.

- Dr. Seuss, Yertle the Turtle and Other Stories (as found in Seuss-isms)

Commentary:

"I maintain that you were disrespectful to Zinn and to those who cared about him... ...as I said in my tweet, it seems pretty obvious to me that you showed less simple human decency than a person ought when a person dies, and people who admired him or enjoyed his work are mourning his loss, and I stand by what I posted." -
- Leftist Heads Explode Over Howard Zinn’s Death | NewsReal Blog

"Again; it's not 'my' words that I find offensive, but your own."

"[I]t's not hateful to say of anyone who died “This world has certainly lost one of it’s most profound voices today,” be it Zinn or Reagan or Tony Snow." "Posting a screed about "the heads of liberals (those most likely to be mourning his death) exploding," on the other hand, and taking such obvious glee in the fact that those with whom you disagree politically are sad because someone they respected died..."
-
- Leftist Heads Explode Over Howard Zinn’s Death | NewsReal Blog

"I don't know about absolute standards that cover every situation for all time and place, but I do believe in standards of common decency, as practiced here and now in America. I believe they do (or at least should) transcend political partisanship."

"If you want to celebrate the death of Howard Zinn and mock those who respected him and mourn his loss, I can't stop you. All I can say is that kinda behavior goes against the standards of decency with which I was raised, and I find it hurtful and hateful... ...and that's what I said."
-
- Leftist Heads Explode Over Howard Zinn’s Death | NewsReal Blog

"With all due respect, it wasn’t some liberal plot that created the Watergate, Jr, phone tapping meme. Liberal blogs were reporting what they got from the FBI and other sources close to the investigation." -
- O’Keefe & the “TeaBuggers” Do Not a Watergate Make - That Shallow Fellow - 2010/01/29 at 7:52 pm comment

No comments:

Nerd Score (Do nerds score?)