Sunday, January 10, 2010

Roundup and Commentary - 1/9/10

It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen - The Portable Curmudgeon - Compiled by Jon Winokur

Commentary:

I Ain't Got No Blog Ain't Got No Brains, Neither: (a series of comments in response to a troll that ain't even worth quoting... Read if you wish, but you've been warned...) -

- IAGNB sez anyone can post comments at his non-blog blog. I show him otherwise, complete with screen shots.

- IAGNB goes to a different blog and claims we have no history. I post the links to his prior trollings, and my responses to them. (I Ain't Got No Blog said... January 9, 2010 8:31 AM)

- IAGNB posts two comments full of old workplace humor and ad hom insults. I reply, noting that to do so is pretty clear evidence that he has nothing to say in support of his dishonest claims, and is only making himself look more foolish.

"Those who don't sufficiently tow the party line--saying the right words, supporting the right measures, hating the right people--are getting attacked for their heresy. Thinkin' too far outside the box isn't acceptable." -
- The Oracular Opinion: It’s MY Blog, January 9, 2010 3:21 PM Comment

"If you have an issue with something I've said or done, talk to me, but don't pretend that I represent everyone who more or less agrees with me politically, or that I am responsible for every action taken by any liberal anywhere. In fairness, I will offer you the same courtesy." -
- Immoderate Monk: Political Bigotry of a Conservative? (A reply to a post by "The Chronicles of a Conservative, posted, then removed from The Oracular Opinion: It’s MY Blog.)

'Loesch ended up doing a “fake” interview with Steele, where she asked the questions she was planning to ask and then also gave mock answers as the RNC chairman, whom she called a “butt sniffer” for standing her up.'

"I didn't see Dana getting props from the post (though yeah, some of the folks who commented enjoyed it)... I just saw a quote of what the woman said...

The question is, do you disagree? Do you support Steele, or is he the butt sniffer that Dana says he is?"
-
- American Power: Think Progress Goes After Michael Steele - And Dana Loesch!, January 9, 2010 7:05 PM comment (Also, no one at Think Progress "went after" Loesch... But leave it to Donald Douglas to play the persecution card.)

Also:

Just read that the blogger Right Wing Prof (of Right Wing Nation, and most recently Central Pennsylvania Orthodox) passed away at 1:45 AM on 7 January, 2010. My prayers are with all who loved him, and all who mourn his loss.

No comments:

Nerd Score (Do nerds score?)