Saturday, February 21, 2009

In Reply: Inviting American Power Readers to Discuss Me with Me, For A Change

In reply to the following comment at the post: American Power: Jesus Christ: Dead Nihilist of the Week?:
Donald Douglas said...
Repsac3: I've blogged about this already. I get many e-mails from people who either do not blog or who do not want you and your hordes attacking them in the comment threads at their blogs.

You have a blog with all of your buddies. You link to it in my comment threads. I have a considerably large readership, and I ask permission before I post e-mails. Perhaps some folks will come out and confront you directly and reveal themselves as the authors of the e-mails. But that is not my decision to make, and this is a free-speech zone. The best ideas will win out, I'm sure, and your blogging hordes are certainly helping me the case for traditionalism.
February 20, 2009 5:12 PM
---
Donald, my comment was not directed at you, but at the very people who're contacting you privately...

While they have every right to write you privately and secretly to say nasty things (or in fact any thing) about me, and whether they do so because they do not blog or because they fear retribution/discussion/reply, I see nothing wrong with giving them a polite invitation to discuss "me" with "me," directly, rather than hiding behind a far worse anonymity--allowing their words to flow through you--than you attacked not all that long ago as cowardly. ("What's all very interesting here is that each and every one of my antagonists goes by an anonymous online handle. Now that's cowardly. And worthy of a little analytical consideration.") Analytical consideration, indeed... Who's more anonymous; a person with no name or voice at all, or one using a consistent pen name?

Regardless, my comment wasn't directed to you, so you've no need to defend yourself... I'm sure your super-secret readership will contact you if they have a reply for you to offer on their behalf.

February 21, 2009 7:56 AM

No comments:

Nerd Score (Do nerds score?)