Friday, September 24, 2010

David Bromberg Will Not Be Your Fool

So, I made mention of David Bromberg's version of Mr. Bojangles earlier today, and I haven't been able to get his music out of my head ever since. While I don't believe my posting this video will help that, it certainly will not hurt anyone, either. (Unless it brings up any of those painful memories we all seem to have of that one guy or gal who did you wrong, that is... But even if that's the case for you, I believe this pleasure is worth a little pain.)



Demon in Disguise has the definitive version of Mr Bojangles (which as I said earlier, I believe to be the finest version out there; slower and sadder than most, as it tells the story of this happy-go-lucky, lonely drunk... It evokes the same kind of emotion as those pictures of crying clowns), and How Late'll Ya Play Till, and the first version of Will Not Be Your Fool I heard, back on WLIR FM, when it was a progressive, free-form station. (Long time readers will also note that the title of the latter album likely had some kinda long term influence on how I express myself, if ya know what I mean... ...and I think it likely you do.)

---

---

---

---

---

---

UPDATE, 9/25/10, 2:30 PM: In an odd twist that says something about the lengths my nemesis Donald Douglas will travel, he actually took the trouble to remove the backlink to this post from the one on his site that inspired it. (And this after I wished him a happy birthday, too. Twice, even.) You really have to feel bad for the kinda guy who'd feel the impulse, let alone actually act on it... I mean, it's a music post, fer gosh sakes... Sad.

No comments:

Nerd Score (Do nerds score?)