Thursday, December 09, 2010

In reply: Navigating Past Moderation at NewsReal Blog

An attempted reply (and e-mail to the moderators) at Navigating Past Nihilism | NewsReal Blog:

I've offered three or four responses, about 12 hours apart, to the 12/6/10 "Navigating Past Nihilism" post by Donald Douglas. None have successfully posted.

While I may've changed a word or two here or there between them (as well as the one I'm repeating here), the posts more or less consisted of the following:
---
A reply to this post from "stalking nihilist asshat central" (though we prefer to call it 'American Nihilist'):
http://americannihilistblog.blogspot.com/2010/12/navigating-past-specious-allegations-of.html
---

"Stalking nihilist asshat central" is the term used in the original post to refer to my blog, American Nihilist, but I am willing to censor the word "ass" (a**), should that be what's keeping my comment on hold.
(Needless to say, I am the person to whom Donald Douglas refers in his piece--and accuses of racism, no less--and I would appreciate the opportunity to put my reply before the NewsReal readership.) According to the commenting rules at NewsReal (specifically #6) that is a permissible use of a link.

To the best of my knowledge, I am not running afoul of any of the other commenting guidelines, and would appreciate having my comment appear, or at least receiving an explanation as to why the NewsReal powers-that-be have determined it may not.

Thanks for your time. I'll watch for my comment to appear, or for a reply to my e-mail box. (Should I not get either response--emails do get lost, after all--I'll resubmit my comment, then, if necessary, resend this e-mail again tomorrow.)

repsac3 ("repracist3," in the post in question. I trust you understand why I believe I deserve the opportunity to state my case in reply.)
---

One has to wonder what it is some blogs and bloggers are afraid of, when they refuse to allow comments in dissent to appear.

No comments:

Nerd Score (Do nerds score?)