Monday, December 13, 2010

In Reply: They. Are. Cupcakes.



Two comments, in reply to: Cupcakes Are Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacist (WTF?) at Chicks On The Right

#1) @Kelly, December 10, 2010 at 8:22 pm
"The music reminded me of “Oh Yeah”… Remember, from Ferris Bueller’s Day Off? Which was done by Yello… a Swiss Eletronica band who happen to be white. I think someone is grasping at racism straws because they WANT to be insulted by cute, animated, singing baked goods."
THAT’S what it was, runnin’ through my brain after watching the video… I knew it was from an 80′s teen flick, but I couldn’t place it. "OOOH Yeaaaah… (chic chic, bubbita booow…” ...or somethin’ like that…)

As far from the author politically as I can be… but couldn’t be more in agreement with this post. (Now if they was singin’ “Swanee,” or “Ol’ Man River” I might consider the argument, at least…) But not only is that the whitest “hip-hop” I ever heard (better chance of being reverse racism, if ya ask me), they. are. cupcakes.

Only one complaint. It’s my understanding that there are five “a”s in raaaaacist; no more, no less. I’m just sayin’… - December 13, 2010 at 8:48 am



+++++

#2) Sorry, I was re-reading the comments, and was reminded of somethin' else...

Re: Carolyn - December 10, 2010 at 9:42 pm
"I’m curious. Did the “reviewers” who claim this is racist see the On the Rocks performance of Lady Gaga’s Bad Romance?

I’m assuming that if we apply the same standards, that too is RAAAAAACCIISST"

I have a feeling the standard was based on the size o' the lips, and the "blackface."

But now that you mention Lady Gaga (& I mention blackface--though aren't the "black faces" of the cupcakes what this whole thing is all about?), I'm reminded of this post I saw on a conservative site awhile back. (While I'll cop to the fact that many of these kinda grievances come from my side of the aisle, not all of 'em do...) Link: American Power: Hey, Ain't That Racist? Lady GaGa Does Al Jolson ... Leftist Establishment is Down With That!

(In the interest of full disclosure, that author and I do have a history (...not to mention a present, and likely, a future, as well) of butting heads. But that doesn't make his post and the allegations contained in it any less relevant to the discussion, in my humble. YMMV...) -- December 13, 2010 at 1:11 pm

Someone else at Chicks On The Right said it reminded her most of this:



Kinda... But I heard the Yello, right off...

No comments:

Nerd Score (Do nerds score?)