Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A Reply to Donald's AmNi Comment - R U O K? I 1dr... U R N N42n8 b ing...

(D comment 2 which I reply appears here.)
---

Ah, Donald...

How nice of you to drop by...

I guess they let you off the second job, eh...? (Next time... A little quieter... There's folks studying their nihilist handbooks, 'round here...)

"The irony... it burns... Octo (the owner of The Swash Zone) isn't talking about me; he's talking about Donald ..."

No, I WAS talking about me.
Perhaps, but you were using Octo's words and voice to do so, and when he said those things, he was talkin' about you...
U R BANNED.
U R a public blog.
Turnabout is fair play. If you're such a big talker, send me ALL your employer's information. WORKPLACE ADDRESS. NAME OF BOSS. PHONE NUMBER. E-MAIL ADDRESS.
Tell you what... When I allow my place of employment to post that kinda info online for public use, you're welcome to look it up, just like people have done with the info that you allowed your employer to post online for public use.
We'll publish it.
First off, who is "we," paleface?

Second, I think you're really gonna like this...

(From the link, above:)
*** UPDATE by repsac3, d'brainz behind American Nihilist (or somethin') - 4/26/10 ***

In light of the fact that I do not think it's ethical to involve otherwise uninvolved people in political or personal conflicts (spouses/kids/parents, bosses/coworkers/clients, neighbors/clergy/???), and have repeatedly/ said so in posts and comments; and because the author of this post is no longer a contributor to this blog--in part due to issues surrounding whether and how to respond to the things Donald Douglas posts, I suspect (Octopus and I never discussed why he removed himself from this blog and removed my authorship from his blog, The Swash Zone--only that it had taken place)--I am taking it upon myself to edit Octopus' post, and block the names and contact information for Donald's superiors at his place of employment.

While I still have mixed feelings about it--I still believe that Octo is a big boy who can defend his own post, and I don't like the idea of editing someone else's writing without their permission--Octo is not here to actually defend his post or to edit it, and I am left holding the bag. (To those who're currently contributors; as long as you're a blogger here, your posts are your responsibility to defend and/or change. Should you choose to walk away and leave me with that responsibility, you'll just have to trust that I'll do the right thing by both the blog and by you.)

In this case, given the absence of anyone left here who's willing to defend Octo's posting of the info in question, I'm substituting my ethics for Octo's, and doing what I think is right. While this isn't the only post at this blog that I personally find a little cringe-worthy, it's the only one that generates a lot of complaints (yes, pretty much all of them from Donald Douglas), and has no one willing to champion it's continued untouched existence.

I suspect that this will turn out to be a pretty unique set of circumstances that won't all converge again, but one never knows the fyutchum, do one...? If faced with somethin' like this again, I'll again bite the bullet, again weigh the options, and again make a choice... (Hopefully, I'll've saved this little speech for the occasion, so I won't have to go makin' up a whole new one...)

To those who followed a link here to be shocked and appalled that such information was really posted; Yep, it was really posted. Commence being shocked and appalled, and then if you're curious, follow the links above (as of 4/27/10, I'm still locating and adding links) to understand my reason for not removing the info earlier.

To those who followed a link here looking for that information for some other reason, whether innocent or "less so," you'll just have to find another source for it. There are several, including, ironically, the umpteen number of times Donald Douglas has himself linked to and quoted the information found here (or elsewhere), at various posts on his own American Power blog.

Forgive the big build-up for what'll amount to a bunch of "-'s" and "*'s," but it isn't everyday I censor another person's post, and I want to make my thoughts about doing so clear, both for and against...

I now return you to the original post, as written... ...well, almost.

---SNIP---
If the Coward or any of his followers harass you online you, contact --------- ---- ------ at (***) ***-**** or --------- -- -- -------- ------- ------ ---- at (***) ***-**** and describe the harassment. For serious online abuse or defamation, there is always this option (case file in progress).
Hope that makes you happy, slappy.
Those are YOUR rules, but you make them up as you go.
I'm pretty sure MY rules were (and still are) that people could use the google, and that public blogs are public. They don't need making up, as they was born with a good foundation from the get-go.
HYPOCRISY IS ALL YOURS.
The way you use it, hypocrisy might as well be a meaningless word. Don't just say it, show it. That, or shove it.
U R BANNED.
U R Band-aid.
U R INTERNET TROLL.
U R not in control.
U R STALKER.
U R not Walker.
UR ARE HARASSER.
UR R jackasser.
DO NOT COMMENT ON MY BLOG.
Don, old boy, it's a public blog. That's all I'm gonna say.
DON'T LIKE IT? DENOUNCE DAVID HILLMAN'S POLICY IN WRITING.
The way I remember it, I helped write David Hillman's blog policy. It says:
We welcome civil discourse from people of all persuasions but express no obligation to allow ourselves to be trolled. Any comment that fails to rise above ranting, taunting, profanity, and name-calling will be deleted without further comment at the discretion of any contributor.
There's not much there to denounce, because there's not much there with which I disagree. (When I was there, the rule was the person who authored the post controlled the comments attached to it... Assuming that's still true, I'm down with their policy... though that doesn't mean I'd make all the same decisions they have, any more than they'd individually make all the same decisions I have.)
SAME THING. BAN. CAN'T HAVE BOTH WAYS EVIL MAN REPSAC3
Ah... I see what you're getting at, oh boisterous one...
Well, no, I don't think blogger gives you the tools to ban someone from a public blog, and I think you have to really make a case for stalking, harassment, threats, ... too.
That's not to say you can't say so, as LOUDLY and BOLDLY as the html tags will allow you, but banning someone from a public blogspot blog is pretty much an empty threat, and kinda silly, besides.

I suppose it's a little rude to keep commenting after the blogger asks you not to, but how rude depends on what you actually say... Not straying off topic, and laying off the ad hom--especially the meaningless ad hom (and perhaps, NOT SHOUTING QUITE SO LOUDLY) would be far better than, y'know, doing those things...

I'm not quite sure whether that's the kind of denunciation you had in mind, but yeah, banning a person off your public blogger blog is rather a fool's errand, no matter what letters come after the "D" in your real life/online name. (After "Donald's" shocking revelations about Lance 'Boogie Nights' Thundercock, I don't trust that I know the real name'o any o'y'all... or me, either.
REPSAC3. HYPOCRITE. FAIL.
screenname. meaningless. adhom.
NOTHING COMPARES TO YOUR EVIL AND EX-DLB'S TOO STUPID TO SEE IT.
You watched Sinead O'Connor on TV the other night, didn't ya... That explains all the "U R's"

And calling folks stupid is just no way to make friends, Donald. (At least, not the kind of friends that mom would approve of...)
I DO NOT COMMENT AT SWASH.
Not anymore... But it took you a little while after your "banning," didn'it? One might even go so far as to say that your expecting me to do as you say, and not as you did, is a little hypocritical, mightn't one?

Yeah... 1 mite.
YOU WILL NOT COMMENT AT AMPOW.
Remains to be seen. I'm reserving my right to, as a member of the blogging public.
SIMPLE RULES.
Well, U R a simple guy.
FOLLOW THEM. ABIDE BY THEM.
No shoes.
No shirt.
No service.

Learn it.
Live it.
Love it.
BE A DECENT HUMAN BEING.
Always try 2 B, Double D...

Better get back to the grind... They prolly miss U by now...

No comments:

Nerd Score (Do nerds score?)